Knitwit's Rambles

My attempt to actually have a knitting blog, and to update it regularly. We'll see how well that works.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Ahahaaa, love you too, Blogger. Dammit, is there no way to change the date of a post?

Anyway, after working on it for about a week, I just published a post, but can't find a way to change the date of it, so can't change it to appear on the day I actually published the post.


ETA: A certain helpful soul commented to point out that you can change the timestamp, by clicking on...the one link I didn't click.

*facepalm*

Anyway, on to what I originally wrote...


Not much in knitting news since I started that post. I'm trying to do some knitting for the Dulaan Project, both to contribute something as well as to try and get rid of some of my stash. Really, I need to get rid of some of my stash before I buy any more yarn. As a result, other projects are on hold, though my Dulaan knitting is not helped by the fact that I keep starting to cast on stuff, think "this isn't working" and rip out.

I'll have lots of time to knit on Tuesday though, as my brother and his girlfriend are graduating from the same university, but in separate ceremonies. Meaning, of course, that I get to sit through an entire day of grad ceremonies, joy. I'm glad for them, and I'll willingly do it as I love them both, but it's still going to be dull. Hence, the knitting, so I don't fidget. It got me through the training sessions for the new computer system at work without fidgeting, it'll work here.

It's weird, the fact that knitting helps in that regard. I'm not really a fidgety person, or someone with a short attention span. I've always been a big reader, and I can sit for hours and just read. Maybe it's just that the part of me that would get bored is somehow calmed enough by knitting to not be making itself known, though I often have the urge to knit even when I'm doing something I enjoy, like watching TV. Sometimes it's the calming factor--I had to work on a sock during the 24 season finale because I was far too wound up to just sit, though considering my hands were shaking and I had to rip out pretty much everything I did, despite its being mindless knitting, that probably wasn't the best idea. Usually I can get away with mindless knitting during 24, but um, obviously not the season finale (omgwtfisitJanuaryyet?).

Whatever the reason, I'll arm myself with needles and yarn for a long day of sitting, and try to resist the urge to impale myself on them.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:46 PM , Blogger Not An Artist said...

    There is a way to change the post date/time -- look at the bottom of the 'create post' or 'edit post' box, there is a line that reads "Post and Comment Options" there. Clicking it brings up the date/time edit function.

     
  • At 4:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home